Sales Development Representative (SDR)
This is a lead generation role in our fast-moving sales team. Supported by the business, your ability to communicate clearly and persuasively will help drive our accelerating growth. You will promote our product through B2B outbound phone calls, emails and events across a range of suitable industries and companies.
This is a unique opportunity to work closely with Onfido’s Marketing and Sales teams to coordinate new sales campaigns and accurately communicate our client value propositions
As a Sales Development Representative, you will focus on:
- Prospecting: Identifying key markets to target and qualifying against our solution to determine fit
- Cold outreach: Performing a number of daily outbound calls to generate client bookings, effectively pitching Onfido’s solution and value proposition
- Email Lead Generation: Creating a list of prospects and targeting via high volume outbound campaigns as well as individual targeted emails
- CRM Maintenance: Data collection, maintenance of sales records and recording information on opportunities and prospects on Salesforce
- Target Achievement: Achieve team and individual sales targets set by our Inside Sales and senior Sales teams.
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of 250 technologists spread across 6 countries. We've also received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- You are smart, eager and good-humoured.
- Tenacious and undaunted by new responsibilities, thinking quickly on your feet and contributing to all stages of the sales funnel.
- Most importantly, you will be engaging on the phone and be the kind of person that our customers love talking to!
- Sales outbounding experience in a B2B context.
- Excellent communication skills - You will be happy and confident chatting to anyone, via any medium
- Excellent writing skills to ensure Onfido is accurately represented to potential clients
- Fearless in speaking with C-level Executives and confident in outlining Onfido’s value proposition
- 1-2 years prior sales experience and outbound lead generation
- Fluent in other languages a huge plus
- Experience in telesales
- Startup exposure
- Experience working with Inside sales tools including SalesForce and Salesloft
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other.
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- A meaningful equity allocation
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Onsite massages
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- An unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Open and transparent culture—we come together on a weekly basis for a global forum (OnFriday) where we share updates and strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.