Group: Technology | Function: Service
As Onfido continues to accelerate and grow, we are looking for a Service Manager to work closely with the other functions in our Technology group to further develop and improve our Product and Services. You’ll work closely with our Product, Engineering, and Research (Machine Learning) teams to test, analyse, and make recommendations for the release of results of our novel anti-fraud algorithms.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing startup, where you’ll have the opportunity to receive in-depth training through our onboarding process. You’ll be part of a Technology group that is productionising unique anti-document fraud solutions at scale. You will also be part of a specialist team of Operation experts in our London office, delivering on our company mission of identifying fraud. You’ll be supported by a data driven Lead that will help nurture your ongoing development and growth.
Your mission will be to ensure Onfido provides a world-beating and best-in-class fraud detection service to our clients. You will have the opportunity to have an immediate impact on the company and the service we provide to our clients.
To achieve this you will do:
- Algorithm performance analysis: working very closely with our Research, Product, and Engineering teams, you will be analysing the results of newly developed algorithms and making recommendations to the wider Document Fraud team (~35% of your time).
- Carry out performance testing: once ready to be productionised, you will be responsible for testing the services and ensuring they are performing as expected, and making recommendations to the wider team on next steps (~35% of your time).
- Manage data generation: you will be responsible for ensuring the Research team has the necessary data to develop algorithms. You will carefully manage requirements and understand specific needs before going out and securing data - making decisions on whether to source internally or work with other parties (~20% of your time).
- Co-lead stakeholder management: aligning with the Product Manager, you will be the point of contact for ensuring stakeholders from across the business are kept informed and updated on progress, working proactively to identify risks and develop mitigations (~10% of your time).
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet and opening up online access on a global scale.
Whether it’s sharing a car or opening a bank account, many of our everyday services are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally – without people ever meeting face-to-face. Our mission is to help more people access those services - a more open world, where identity is the key to access.
We’ve pioneered machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global innovator in the Computer Vision space, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time and our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of 250 people across 6 countries. We've also received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
- Evidence of experience in data analysis. You should be comfortable looking at data, identifying clear trends, and presenting recommendations.
- Strong presentation skills with a keen eye for detail. You should be comfortable in presenting to groups of stakeholders on the findings of your data and your recommendations for next steps.
- Advanced Excel / Google Sheets skills and familiarity with business analytics tools (we use Looker, Kibana, and Splunk).
- Exceptional ability to present complex system performance data in a simple way to help our teams understand the results, and the impact of it.
- Fantastic time-management and work prioritisation skills. You can juggle multiple projects with ease and deliver outstanding results in all of them.
- Results focused with a drive to continuously improve and go to the next level. You never settle for second place.
- Be highly self-motivated, you can keep yourself and others focused to achieve team results - with an extra gear ready to go at any time.
- A quick learner, you're able to pick up new ideas, processes and systems easily and have a hunger to learn more.
- A great communicator, you have strong verbal and written skills and are able to share and receive feedback and ideas collaboratively with team members.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- A meaningful equity allocation.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary).
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management.
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2).
- Sanctus mental health coaching.
- Flexible working.
- Payroll Giving.
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer.
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month).
- Onsite massages.
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings.
- An unlimited budget for any software or books you need.
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English).
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day.
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Open and transparent culture—we come together on a weekly basis for a global forum (OnFriday) where we share updates and strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink.
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role.
- A conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other.
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem solving and present results.
- On site technical and cultural conversations with the team.
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.