Technical Support Engineer
Group: Technology | Function: Engineering | Team: Technical Support
Our Technical Support Engineers play a vital part in smooth onboarding, maximising customer satisfaction and internal operations.
Your mission will be to support external customers across any product and integration issues.
You’ll achieve this via:
- Product understanding - Develop a deep understanding of the Onfido’s product and how it’s used across the business to enable high level support
- Customer support - Pro-actively maintain strong lines of communication with our customers during the onboarding and integration phase with our API and SDK's
- Problem solving - Investigate, debug, reproduce and fix any issues clients are facing when using our services
- Product improvement - Streamlining internal process from prior support scenarios and escalate issues with Product Managers and Software Engineer on SDK, integrations issues. Proactively find ways to prevent issues whether assisting with design, discussing problems with the engineering and product teams, engaging with customers, or writing documentation
- Tooling - Develop and maintain tools and scripting to automate support tasks and empower our customer support team
You can find out more about our Technical Support team on this blog!
Onfido’s vision is an open world where identity is the key to access. We verify the world’s identities using AI and biometrics. Our technology helps global businesses—like Revolut, Indiegogo and Allstate—onboard more users while driving down risk and fraud. And we’re also finding the answers for the future of identity, leading innovation initiatives with the Better Identity Coalition and the Fintech Delivery Panel. Our key investors include Microsoft and Salesforce.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code
- React and Redux for frontend work
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Excellent and pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Diligence, patience and friendliness under pressure
- Working knowledge of SQL
- An understanding of APIs and web applications and how they work
- Care deeply about the happiness of our customers
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 13 days vacations, plus 7 days sickness absence plus 7 days casual
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Maternity benefits
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Regular team socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- WeWork food and drink facilities
- Open and transparent culture
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem solving
- On site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido.