Onfido is looking for a full-time Information Security Specialist starting in our local Lisbon or London offices but having international outreach.
As a Cyber Security Team, we have the duty to protect our customer’s data and intellectual property by implementing and utilising cutting-edge cyber security technologies, engaging in a wide-range of technical security assessments and providing expert guidance on all matters related to information and data security. This requires a unique type of a security-empowered brain, problem solving skills and technical knowhow.
The most important aspect of the job is to be able to dive deep in technical problems and provide expert guidance, develop security software solutions, find software and logic vulnerabilities in code and services, engage with development and business teams to teach best-security practices, etc.
You would like to do:
- Penetration testing / read teaming and security assessments
- Building security software solutions
- Logic and solving puzzles
- Evangelising security
If you are passionate about information security, if you love learning, applying and mitigating new attack techniques and you have solid security logic, this is the right job for you.
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of 250 technologists spread across 6 countries. We've also received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code
- React and Redux for frontend work
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Tech blog.
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- A meaningful equity allocation
- 22 days holiday
- Health Cash Plan subsiding medical expenses (e.g. dental, optical, doctors plus many others)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Nutrition advice
- Subsidised gym or sports, therapy, home cleaning or childcare up to €65 per month
- Holmes place gym subscription with access to all group classes and spa
- Dedicated learning opportunities including language classes (currently Spanish, French and English), an unlimited budget for software and books, a training budget for conferences and regular lunch and learns
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Quarterly team socials, monthly company dinners and a budget for cross-team coffees and lunches
- Open and transparent culture—we come together on a weekly basis for a global forum (OnFriday) where we share updates and strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink.
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
Once complete and provided we make you an offer, we will ask you to undertake a background check prior to joining Onfido. We consider this necessary in order to protect Onfido, our clients, and the personal data that we process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.