Director of Product
Group: Technology | Function: Product
This is a great opportunity for a product leadership role of a core revenue-generating business area of Onfido. You will have ownership of the whole Line of Business strategy, roadmap, operating plan and model, priorities, go to market and execution. You’ll also have the opportunity to develop and nurture a product team.
You’ll be part of a high performing Product team that is highly regarded in the company and with great experience and purpose. The team is well-structured and motivated to lead key projects and decisions in the company.
You’ll report to a VP Product with 20+ years experience in Product Management at top tier global companies and has a focus on team and skill development, as well as building the group capability by empowering the team.
The role will require:
- People management (20%)
- Vision and strategy (15%)
- Technical and partner evaluation (20%)
- Stakeholder presentation and communications (20%)
- Roadmap planning, metrics reviews, and other operational activities (10%)
- Go-to-market planning and other customer engagement (15%)
At Onfido, we’re opening up online access on a global scale. Whether it’s sharing a car or opening a bank account, many of our everyday services are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally – without people ever meeting face-to-face. Our mission is to help more people access those services by building trust between businesses and their users - a more open world, where identity is the key to access.
Today, we work with global customers to help them verify users, investors, drivers and guests across 195 countries and we're backed by Salesforce and Microsoft.
We’ve pioneered AI-based deep learning technology to verify whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics to reduce fraud and increase completion and speed...and we’re just getting started! Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive trust, inclusion and safety online.
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Organisational maturity, having worked in companies with multiple stakeholders as a people manager
- Product/technical expertise, with an extensive background in product development full lifecycle (strategy, planning, development, go to market)
- Good general knowledge of digital solutions such as ecommerce, sharing economy, banking, gaming, etc.
- Product Management expertise - be a master practitioner of the discpline and be able to mentor others on the journey
- Good presentation and abstraction skills - present the right level of detail to the exec team, tech leads, product colleagues, sales team, etc.
- Domain knowledge in one or more of: digital identity, authentication/security, KYC, online fraud
- Oversight (in a product role or similar) of Machine Learning development
- Technical/Engineering background or education
Values and behaviours:
- Create Customer Buzz - You have the customer, and potential customer, at heart by understanding their needs. You’ll go beyond what they say they want and need by understanding where the market may be headed so that we’ll know what they need before they do.
- Succeed Together - You communicate persuasively at all organisational levels and are able to establish consensus and secure agreement. You’re a caring and supportive colleague that contributes meaningfully to team objectives and, via your interactions, helps each member and the team as a whole to perform at their best
- Take Pride - You take on responsibility for short-term project planning and delivery of outstanding results. You willingly volunteer for opportunities to represent Onfido, e.g. by attending peer networking events or by assisting with company-wide events or initiatives that are not core to own role
- Learn Things, Share Them - You promote teamwork through collaborative working and by guiding, coaching and working 1:1 to mentor and give impactful feedback to colleagues. You actively pursue your own professional development by reading articles, attending conferences and meetups and networking informally with senior personnel on matters relating to your own specialism
- Find a Better Way - You proactively troubleshoot and identify risks. You tackle problems of a relatively diverse nature and select appropriate tools to analyse situations and reach useful conclusions.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Tax-Free Childcare Scheme
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Onsite massages
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture
The interview process will involve:
- Reviewing your CV and application to ensure a fit
- A two-way 30-minute conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- A 15-minute call with the hiring manager (VP Product)
- Onsite interview with the team (Product, Growth and Engineering)
- A do-at-home Task
- Final interview with the VP Product and CPO
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
Live Date: 15 March 2019
Close Date: 12 April 2019
Salary: Highly competitive
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.