Front End Engineer (Growth) | London
We're looking for a talented front end engineer to join our London-based team and define and build a self-service product to automate acquiring mid market customers. You'll join a group of smart, friendly and ambitious engineers and researchers who take pride in software we ship and hold ourselves to high standards in an industry where privacy, security and reliability are essential.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast growing scale-up and product driven environment using new technologies and frameworks as we build our ID verification solution.
As a Front End Engineer, you will:
- Deliver an awesome end-to-end experience to our clients
- Problem solve: work independently on complex design and development tasks
- Provide technical leadership: help define how we do front end and grow our cross-team design system
- Learn product design: work closely with our Design and Product teams to help design and build intuitive solutions
- Improve stability: review architecture to ensure our software is robust and scalable
Some of the front-end projects we're working on
- Self-service sign up to get customers using our products as quickly as possible
- Rich analytic dashboards to help customers understand their user base and fraud exposure
- Unique visualisations to explain and present fraud
- React Native trial apps to show off our mobile SDKs
- Tools to combine machine intelligence with expert human insight at high scale
We deeply value trust and ownership. Our engineers, product managers and designers work together closely to solve a challenging problem - identity in an online world - and build products that are polished and impactful.
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of 250 technologists spread across 6 countries. We've also received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code
- React, React Native, and Redux for frontend work
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Tech blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Professional experience as a Front End Engineer
- Experience using Git and collaborative workflows including code reviews.
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest and Jasmine
- You are keen to take responsibility for delivering complex projects, from design to deployment to operation
- You'll uphold and promote good practice in design, code quality and security
- You are passionate about designing, creating rich user experiences and usability
- Working knowledge of at least one other language (especially Ruby, Python, Elixir)
- Experience working in remote teams
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Microservices architectures
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- A meaningful equity allocation
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 4% of base salary)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym or sports, therapy, home cleaning or childcare up to £50 per month
- Office massages from Urban
- Nutrition advice
- Free weekly yoga classes
- Regular 5-a-side football matches
- Dedicated learning opportunities including language classes (currently Spanish, French and English), an unlimited budget for software and books, a training budget for conferences and regular lunch and learns
- Quarterly team socials and a budget for cross-team coffees and lunches
- Open and transparent culture—we come together on a weekly basis for a global forum (OnFriday) where we share updates and strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink.
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
Once complete and provided we make you an offer, we will ask you to undertake a background check prior to joining Onfido. We consider this necessary in order to protect Onfido, our clients, and the personal data that we process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.