We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of 250 technologists spread across 6 countries. We've also received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code
- React and Redux for frontend work
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Tech blog.
As a Test Engineer, you will be expected to:
- Analyse, design, implement and execute tests that verify service behaviour and interactions
- Have experience with modern test automation techniques and practice, such as TDD and BDD
- Be technically adept as a developer who applies sound engineering practices such writing clean and maintainable code
- Apply grey-box testing techniques, grounded in a deep technical understanding of the product you're testing
- Advance the integration of automation throughout the team’s development process/pipeline, with associated continuous feedback and visibility on software quality and release readiness
- Be an enthusiastic advocate for quality and an evangelist for a company-wide test culture
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- 2+ years as an Automation Engineer
- Experience coding in Ruby, Elixir, or other modern language(s)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Experience with API and integration testing, together with knowledge of one or more common UI test framework/tool, such as Selenium or Appium
- Good knowledge of different test levels and types, including regression testing, end-to-end system testing, unit testing and performance testing
- Exposure to Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) with Cucumber and ability to write effective Gherkin specifications
- Experience with development tools such as Git, Jenkins and JIRA
- Solid Ruby, Ruby on Rails knowledge
- Solid Elixir knowledge
- Experience working in a start-up
- Experience with security and pen testing
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- A meaningful equity allocation
- 22 days holiday
- Health Cash Plan subsiding medical expenses (e.g. dental, optical, doctors plus many others)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to €65 per month)
- An unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Monthly company dinners
- Open and transparent culture—we come together on a weekly basis for a global forum (OnFriday) where we share updates and strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink.
- If you’re relocating from another country to join then we’ll get you an Airbnb for the first month.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.