Senior User Experience Researcher (UXR)
Group: Technology | Function: Design | Team: UX Research
User Experience Researchers (UXRs) help everyone focus on the user. In this role, you will create understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated, for your entire product team including designers, product managers, and engineers. Your research will help us create useful, usable, and delightful new products and features for people as well as continually innovating on our existing products.
Previously, our Product Design team have taken on the responsibility of user testing, but we’re looking to take Onfido’s user-focus to the next level with a dedicated user researcher. The team already understands and appreciates the value of user research in the design process, so you’ll be joining a willing and supportive team.
Whilst you're welcome to help with prototyping or wireframing, there will be no expectation to produce high fidelity UI designs or other deliverables commonly expected from 'design' roles in some companies. User research, at our scale, is a full-time job to do effectively.
Your mission will be to utilise a wide range of user-centric research methodologies to provide actionable insights to our product team.
You’ll achieve this by;
- Designing, organising and conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through various methods such as field visits, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and data analysis.
- Inspiring change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings.
- Creating, refining and documenting our user research process, and helping up-skill the team where possible
Onfido’s vision is an open world where identity is the key to access. We verify the world’s identities using AI and biometrics. Our technology helps global businesses—like Revolut, Indiegogo and Allstate—onboard more users while driving down risk and fraud. We’re finding the answers for the future of identity, and leading innovation initiatives with the Better Identity Coalition and the Fintech Delivery Panel. Our key investors include Microsoft and Salesforce.
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog.
We generally don’t have hard and fast requirements - everyone is different. We are looking for you to demonstrate whether you have the core attributes below. Indicatively what we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Experience in conducting UX research in an applied research setting.
- Experience working in a design team and working on digital product (SaaS prefered).
- Knowing what research tools to use when needed, aware of how to interpret biases in research, and sharing best practices with others.
- Experience with international research, including leading field research studies.
- Knowledge of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Experience leading other UX Researchers.
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other.
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador.
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others.
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better.
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Tax-Free Childcare Scheme
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- An unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture
- If you’re relocating from another country to join then we’ll get you an Airbnb for the first month
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.