Graduate Development Programme/Engineering
Are you graduated or graduating soon? Are you looking for an inspiring challenge?
What if the next step in your career would be to join a team of talented people tackling interesting challenges?
Onfido's Engineering Fast-track Programme will provide you with the opportunity to work in different teams through rotation from Product Support to Biometrics and DevOps so you can be confident you'll find something that fits you perfectly.
You'll be working alongside some of the industry’s best engineers and product specialists in a positive, friendly and collaborative environment.
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of 250 technologists spread across 6 countries. We've also received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code
- React and Redux for frontend work
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Tech blog.
Do you have, or are predicted to gain, a 2.1 degree or above in computer science, maths, physics, or similar. Or, you are able to demonstrate strong equivalent knowledge and experience?
You'll also need the right to work in Portugal and be able to join us on a full-time basis from July or August 2019
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Starting salary of 24.000 Euros
- 22 days holiday
- A comprehensive training programme covering many technologies and agile team skills
- Experience of working on some of the best software applications in an exciting environment
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to €65 per month)
- An unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Snacks, juices and fresh fruit every day
- Monthly company dinners
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.