Sales Development Representative (SDR), NY
Who is Onfido?
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. Founded in 2012, our vision is to create a more open world where identity is the key to access. In a nutshell, we use groundbreaking machine learning - facial biometrics and document verification - to help you prove that you’re you. In doing so we can connect you to the services you need and love more easily, speedily and safely than ever before, whether it’s sharing a car or opening a bank account.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard customers remotely and securely across 195 countries. We’ve also received over $100 million in funding from world-class tech investors including Microsoft, Salesforce and Softbank… and we’re just getting started.
About the role
We’re looking for an awesome Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join Onfido’s New York team. SDR at Onfido isn't your typical "SDR" role. Sure, this is an entry-level sales position, but the team we’ve built is responsible for more than qualifying leads, setting meetings and building pipeline...
By joining us you’ll be part of a collaborative, fast-paced culture that relies and thrives on individuals who will go above and beyond. You’ll build and define not only your future with Onfido but the growth and expansion of the company at large, creating genuine impact! Most importantly, you’ll work closely with our excellent Account Executive and Marketing teams to build a world-class inside sales culture by generating new business.
As an integral part of our sales team, experienced field reps guide and mentor you to help ensure your success. Given we’re a hyper-growth scale-up this position will prepare you for a number of career paths and opportunities as we re-define Identity Verification. By joining Onfido you’ll help us smash out goal of 1 billion verifications by 2025. Your core activities will include:
- Qualifying all Onfido marketing-generated leads
- Initiating sales opportunities with a balanced inbound/outbound approach
- Navigating accounts, hunting for qualified prospects and setting qualified meetings
- Collaborating with the sales team to move prospects through the sales funnel to closure
- Working closely with experienced field sales teams to define and execute on territory/target account plans
- Participating in corporate events and attending industry-wide conferences
Who are we looking for?
In a business like ours that is changing fast and pushing boundaries, a growth mindset is a must. Someone with a curious and analytical mind will help us ask the right questions and use data smartly. Creating customer buzz is also a big deal for us, so we want to know that you’re customer driven, able to give voice to internal stakeholders and champion external clients and end-users alike. And to be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values:
- succeed together
- take pride
- learn things, share them
- find a better way
- creating customer buzz
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
On our wish list is a combination of…
- BA or BS degree required
- Comfortable initiating phone conversations, navigating questions and overcoming objections
- Outstanding verbal and written skills
- Team player with a collaborative attitude
- Up to one year sales experience prospecting in to medium-to-large enterprises including experience with sales CRMs e.g. Salesforce.com (preferred but not essential as we we’ll train you!)
- Knowledgeable using social networking tools to help us canvas an account (LinkedIn, ZoomInfo etc.)
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- A meaningful equity allocation
- 401(k) - you can contribute what you like (up to the federal limit of $18.5k per year) and Onfido matches your contribution, up to 4% of your total salary
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) of 23 days per year, plus 10 Federal Holidays - Onfido believes passionately in work/ life balance!
- Rich health, vision and dental benefits offered via our partner TriNet. TriNet gives you the flexibility to choose a plan that suits you and Onfido now covers 100% of the cost of our elected base plans for you and 50% for your dependents
- Monthly opportunities for private, individual mental health coaching sessions
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year to volunteer
- In-office snacks, sparkling water, juice, and fruits etc.
- Subsidised gym or sports, therapy, home cleaning or childcare up to $75 per month and company sponsored sports (such as yoga and soccer)
- Opportunities to participate in ongoing language classes (currently Spanish, French and English), an unlimited budget for software and books, a training budget for conferences and regular lunch and learns
- Quarterly team socials and a budget for cross-team coffees and lunches
- Open and transparent culture—we come together on a weekly basis for a global forum (OnFriday) where we share updates and strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink.
- Monthly commute reimbursement up to $127 to help get you to and from the office
Apply! We’ll then assess your application against the role and other applicants. If successful we’ll then begin a two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other. Typically, a do-at-home problem solving task or scenario will follow, before closing out with onsite technical and behavioural conversations with the team.
The process from application to completion should take two to four weeks, depending on diaries.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.