Group: Technology | Function: Design
We’re recruiting for an experienced Designer to focus on continuing to build our Design Systems.
You’ll focus on building end-to-end design systems for our web and mobile applications and will work closely with design, engineering, product managers, and researchers to bring our products to the next level and beyond!
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of smart, creative and collaborative Design team at Onfido that values the input of every team member. You’ll be led by a Director of Product Design that is experienced, talented, humble, approachable and always makes time for team members and the team!
Your mission will be to improve and scale our design systems.
- Identify needs, sketch and prototype ideas, refine with the teams, and continually iterate based on usability testing and data
- Align the design system needs to work across all of our products
- Collaborate with others in the design team to explore, iterate, refine, and maintain
- Run workshops and sketching sessions with designers and non-designers
- Document design system usage guidelines
- Find moments to teach others of design best practices and become the go-to-person for the design system
- Assist with technical implementation
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of 250 technologists spread across 6 countries. We've also received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV, portfolio and application:
- Experience building and maintaining a design system (or a strong interest in wanting to work on design systems)
- A great understanding of accessibility guidelines and designing to meet these requirements
- Experience working in a fast scaling startup with a growing design and product team
- Experience working across web and native applications
- Fantastic collaboration skills — you’ll need to get people to buy-in and agree on your direction
- Highly proficient in Sketch, a good knowledge of Framer(X), Marvel, Invision, or similar, and familiarity with Abstract (or other design version control tool)
- Good understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS (React would be advantageous)
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other.
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador.
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others.
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better.
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- A meaningful equity allocation
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Onsite massages
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- An unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Open and transparent culture—we come together on a weekly basis for a global forum (OnFriday) where we share updates and strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink.
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- Two-way conversations where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
Live date: 04 March 2019
Close date: 01 April 2019
Salary: Highly Competitive
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.