Test, QA & Documentation Engineer
Group: Technology | Function: Engineering | Team: Portable Identity
We are looking for a highly adaptable individual with a combination of analysis, writing and engineering skills. The role requires you to work closely with product and engineering colleagues. You will help design innovative new solutions in identity and personal data, solving real consumer problems and leveraging Onfido's world-class biometric and AI infrastructure.
You will need to understand and contribute to our portable identity solution as it is being built, leading the production of:
- End-user Consumer and Relying Party Documentation
- QA Procedures and Processes
- Engineering Test Suites
You will also be expected to contribute programming code in the form of functional libraries and utilities in addition to the test suites mentioned above.
What will you be working on?
- Work with the team to design identity solutions that are simple and effective for both users and relying parties such as website owners
- Help design web and mobile applications
- Work with the team to design the back-end APIs and their useability
- Write and maintain clean test code for both Python and Erlang
- Write and maintain code libraries used in the solution
- Help maintain the continuous build processes that ensure quality is kept at a high standard
- Work independently and solve problems on complex design and development tasks
- Work closely with our Design and Product teams to help design and build intuitive solutions
- Review architecture to ensure our software is robust and scalable
- Analyse, design, implement and execute tests that verify service behaviour and interactions
- Provide expertise to the team on sound quality engineering practices such writing clean and maintainable code
- Apply black-box as well as white-box testing techniques, grounded in a deep technical understanding of the product
- Advance the integration of automation throughout the team’s development process/pipeline, with associated continuous feedback and visibility on software quality and release readiness
- Be an enthusiastic advocate for quality and an evangelist for a test culture
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Professional experience as a technical documentation expert in both simple CMS environments such as Github Docs and more complex toolsets such as DITA
- Experience using Git and tools such as Markdown, Jekyll and XML markup
- Experience with testing frameworks such as pytest, eunit and Erlang Common Test
- Enthusiastic and technically curious about the identity ecosystem
- Proven experience for delivering complex projects from design through to deployment
- You uphold and promote good practice in design, code quality and security
- You are passionate about designing and creating simple, effective user experiences
- Working knowledge of at least two languages, especially Python and ideally Erlang/Elixir
- Experience working in remote teams
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- An understanding of microservices architectures and a desire to automate the process of test through deployment
- Experience with API and integration testing
- Good knowledge of different test levels and types, including regression testing, end-to-end system testing, unit testing and performance testing
- Experience with security and pen testing
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
Explore our benefits here: https://onfido.com/perks/
Live date: 16th of August
Close date: 15th of September
Salary: Highly Competitive
Once complete and provided we make you an offer, we will ask you to undertake a background check prior to joining Onfido. We consider this necessary in order to protect Onfido, our clients, and the personal data that we process.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.