Group: Technology | Function: Product | Team: Technical Writing
This is a great opportunity to have a huge impact and help us provide the best Developer experience in the Identity Verification market!
Our product is growing in complexity, so our documentation needs to be as clear, concise, consistent, and comprehensive as possible. As the Product organisation grows, it's a fundamental function for all tech organisations.
More than 90% of our Checks are initiated via API and/or SDK. Clear and well maintained technical documentation is a strong market differentiator. It sets us apart in clients’ evaluation phase, accelerates the integration phase and time to revenue, and reduces support costs.
Your mission will be to make our Getting Started guides, API reference document and Developers Hub (client-facing) market-leading developer resources. As a second stop, provide guidelines and push internal documentation practices.
You’ll achieve this via:
- Auditing of the current developer resources for the API product.
- Identifying the most common pain points with internal stakeholders.
- Setting document standards, guidelines, and best practices.
- Writing new content for Getting Started Guides and API reference docs.
Onfido’s vision is an open world where identity is the key to access. We verify the world’s identities using AI and biometrics. Our technology helps global businesses—like Revolut, Indiegogo and Allstate—onboard more users while driving down risk and fraud. And we’re also finding the answers for the future of identity, leading innovation initiatives with the Better Identity Coalition and the Fintech Delivery Panel. Our key investors include Microsoft and Salesforce.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code
- React and Redux for frontend work
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog.
We generally don’t have hard and fast requirements - everyone is different. We are looking for you to demonstrate whether you have the core attributes. Indicatively what we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Significant experience as a Technical Writer.
- Experience in B2B SaaS / API-based products with public documentation.
- Technical proficiency to autonomously run API requests and documentation locally.
- Creative, empathetic, collaborative, optimistic, and curious.
- Adept at communicating technical concepts clearly and precisely.
- Able to quickly iterate and improve.
- Proficient in HTML and Markdown.
- Conversant with Git.
- Software engineering/web development experience
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other.
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador.
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others.
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better.
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Tax-Free Childcare Scheme
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture - we meet for a Friday afternoon forum to engage peers informally over drinks
- If you’re relocating from another country to join then we’ll get you an Airbnb for the first month
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem solving
- On site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.