Software Engineer (Machine Learning Infrastructure)
Group: Technology | Function: Engineering | Team: ML infrastructure
We are looking for software engineers with interest in design and developing the backend infrastructure for Machine Learning. We are building Onfido's machine learning infrastructure to ease our researchers day to day development work, support actively improving our products by developing and automating ML solution.
You will work with software engineers and research scientists and engineers to apply cutting-edge ML techniques in our core product to classify documents, identify physical forgeries, extract data, verify user liveness, and match facial biometrics to securely verify the user’s identity.
What you will be working on?
- Design and Build ML infrastructure that suites researchers need
- Construct robust ML training pipelined to support continual optimisation of ML models
- Write testable, clean code to deploy these solutions
- Contribute to data infrastructure and building data management tools to improve privacy
- Write terraform code to build/improve infrastructure
Some of the Technology we are using in the team:
- Python for building ML training
- Tensorflow/Pytorch Machine Learning/Computer Vision
- Kubeflow/Argo for platform/workflow
- Kubernetes and docker
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
At Onfido, we’re opening up online access on a global scale.
Whether it’s sharing a car or opening a bank account, many of our everyday services are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally – without people ever meeting face-to-face. Our mission is to help more people access those services by building trust between businesses and their users - a more open world, where identity is the key to access.
Today, we work with global customers to help them verify users, investors, drivers and guests across 195 countries.
We’ve pioneered AI-based deep learning technology to verify whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics to reduce fraud and increase completion and speed...and we’re just getting started! Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive trust, inclusion and safety online.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
What we're hoping to see highlights on your CV and application:
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science
- Interest in machine learning and computer vision
- Strong software engineering skills
- Experience coding in Python
- Experience with version control (e.g. Git)
- Great communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Successfully delivered ML-driven products to market
- Good working knowledge of the other tools in our dev stack, including AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Kubeflow, Terraform
- Built data or ML pipeline before
- experience in Go
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other.
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador.
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others.
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better.
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Tax-Free Childcare Scheme
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
Live Date: 12 April 2019
Close Date: 11 May 2019
Salary: Highly Competitive
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.