Technical Project Manager
Group: Technology | Function: Programme
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to further their career as a Technical Project Manager. You'll report into a Senior Technical Programme Manager and will be the second person joining our Programme team - we improve our software delivery efficiency across the full product platform!
You will work tightly with our Product, Engineering, Service and research teams ensuring delivery of features and projects which coordinate the delivery of multiples features. Using the data, you’ll influence the team to prevent the issues before they directly affect code that covers multiple product components, which can cause poor quality features, bugs and delays in the roadmap - and that is huge impact!
We have a good-sized multiple-component platform that we think makes this opportunity really attractive.
Your mission will be to:
- Motivate and provide direction and guidance for teams of developers
- Drive the delivery of features and ensure the uptime of services
- Provide specific agile project management support to key initiatives as needed to ensure their successful implementation.
- Ensure blockers are quickly identified and resolved
- Ensure deployment best practices and strategies are maintained such as documentation, exception cases and errors.
- Ensure product backlogs and roadmaps support strategic objectives
You’ll achieve this by:
- Working with engineering leads and product managers to ensure breakthroughs are achieved on time - help drive sprint planning, daily scrums, and roadmap review meetings
- Measurement, scheduling and control of software releases
- Iterate an improve processes
- Understand the architecture of proposed solutions and identify potential issues and dependencies on project timelines.
- Identify issues and roadblocks, drive solutions and continuously communicate project updates.
- Ensure processes are designed and managed to optimise agility, velocity, and quality.
- Working with Product Management and Engineering to ensure an efficient process across product definition, roadmap planning, development, and product rollout.
- Track and report on the status of product releases to product, engineering leaders and senior leadership team.
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of 250 technologists spread across 6 countries. We've also received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code
- React and Redux for frontend work
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Tech blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Proven successful technical project management outcomes from idea to launching projects in multiple contexts throughout your career
- A background as a software engineer and project manager; experience as an engineering manager. You must have been directly involved in software development vs. just project management.
- Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience. Ability to mix technical acumen with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable and useful.
- Comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people. Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences.
- Versatility in different technical domains such as SDKs, Frontend, backend etc.
- Domain knowledge in one or more of: digital identity, authentication/security, KYC, online fraud
- SCRUM or Agile certifications
Values and behaviours:
- Create Customer Buzz - You have the customer, and potential customer, at heart by understanding their needs. You’ll go beyond what they say they want and need by understanding where the market may be headed so that we’ll know what they need before they do.
- Succeed Together - You communicate persuasively at all organisational levels and are able to establish consensus and secure agreement. You’re a caring and supportive colleague that contributes meaningfully to team objectives and, via your interactions, helps each member and the team as a whole to perform at their best
- Take Pride - You take on responsibility for short-term project planning and delivery of outstanding results. You willingly volunteer for opportunities to represent Onfido, e.g. by attending peer networking events or by assisting with company-wide events or initiatives that are not core to own role
- Learn Things, Share Them - You promote teamwork through collaborative working and by guiding, coaching and working 1:1 to mentor and give impactful feedback to colleagues. You actively pursue your own professional development by reading articles, attending conferences and meetups and networking informally with senior personnel on matters relating to your own specialism
- Find a Better Way - You proactively troubleshoot and identify risks. You tackle problems of a relatively diverse nature and select appropriate tools to analyse situations and reach useful conclusions.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Tax-Free Childcare Scheme
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Onsite massages
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- An initial two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- A Zoom video call with the hiring manager and an engineer
- A do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site presentation of the task, two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.