Software Engineer (Document Verification)
Group: Technology | Function: Engineering | Team: Document Verification
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to help us grow and scale the engine that powers our automated solution to document extraction and verification. Our team’s goal is to build a fast, accurate and reliable classification, extraction and validation platform that can support every single document in the world.
Some of the projects we are working on:
- Industrializing machine learning and computer vision solutions that enable our ability to read all available information from id documents
- Design monitoring systems able to identify document performance and data drift in real time
- Build automated pipelines capable of reducing the time and effort of bringing support to new documents
- Build internal APIs (like AI building blocks) that allow the organization leverage our existing classification, extraction and validation techniques to build new products or enhance existing ones.
About our stack
At the point of deciding technologies we look for a pragmatic approach and balance the cost/benefits of languages and frameworks. In general we:
- Build services mostly in Ruby and Python
- We do our ML/CV work with Python and Tensorflow (and a little bit of C!)
- Our services run on Kubernetes and AWS
- Docker as a platform to do development and shipping to production
About our team
We are a group of humans coming from multiple different backgrounds and skills that come together to build great software. We believe in creating teams that can own a product being able to directly giving value to our customers and users. Location wise we are distributed between two offices with people in Lisbon and London.
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of 250 technologists spread across 6 countries. We've also received over $100m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Comfortable working in different parts of the stack
- Have practical experience in Ruby or Python
- Can take responsibility for delivering complex projects, from design to deployment to operation
- Uphold and promote best practices in design, code quality and security
- Can think through product requirements and come up with high-impact ways to quickly solve those problems
- Like to iterate quickly and know when to use data and metrics to guide product development
- Should be product focused and with customers and users in mind when building solutions.
- Knowledge on maintaining and improving machine learning in production, particularly deep learning. Also in particular, Tensorflow and tf-serving for extra brownie points
- Prior experience with cloud technologies, in particular AWS
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- A meaningful equity allocation
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 4% of base salary)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym or sports, therapy, home cleaning or childcare up to £50 per month
- Office massages from Urban
- Nutrition advice
- Free weekly yoga classes
- Regular 5-a-side football matches
- Dedicated learning opportunities including language classes (currently Spanish, French and English), an unlimited budget for software and books, a training budget for conferences and regular lunch and learns
- Quarterly team socials and a budget for cross-team coffees and lunches
- Open and transparent culture—we come together on a weekly basis for a global forum (OnFriday) where we share updates and strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink.
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
Once complete and provided we make you an offer, we will ask you to undertake a background check prior to joining Onfido. We consider this necessary in order to protect Onfido, our clients, and the personal data that we process.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.