Senior Business Development Manager
Group: Growth | Function: Sales
We’re seeking talented sales professionals with with sound business insight and natural sales instincts to join our growing sales team. You’ll work as part of an extended sales team to drive revenue growth by prospecting and articulating the value of Onfido for businesses where Identity Verification is key.
You will be responsible for driving and closing landmark deals with the most innovative businesses in the world at a fast-growing technology company. With a culture that has our customer success at its core, we will provide you a comprehensive induction and onboarding to Onfido in our London HQ. On top of your own business development we provide a range of support functions, from internal sales support to highly skilled pre-sales solution engineers.
This role will involve:
- Business development - driving and owning the full end-to-end sales cycle from identifying prospective clients to closing business opportunities across a range of industry sectors.
- Market research - prospecting and identifying leads, leveraging personal networks and working with Marketing and Inside Sales.
- Pipeline management - leading all aspects of deal execution, including prioritization of deals, strategic and financial assessment, transaction structuring and negotiation.
- Community engagement - becoming a subject matter expert, able to expand your network by representing Onfido in your target industry sectors.
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of 250 technologists spread across 6 countries. We've also received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Extensive experience in solution/ technology selling in a fast paced and competitive market - managing and executing the end to end process
- Experience in carrying a quota and hitting sales targets
- Domain expertise in customer service or customer experience applications
- Goal oriented, with a track record of overachievement
- Driven - You possess a strong desire to be successful
- Disciplined – skilled in managing time and resources; sound approach to qualifying opportunities, strong business acumen
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment to establish credibility with internal and external stakeholders
- Industry Background/Familiarity/Experience
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 13 days vacations, plus 7 days sickness absence plus 7 days casual
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Maternity benefits
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning
- An unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Regular team socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- WeWork food and drink facilities
- Open and transparent culture—we come together on a weekly basis for a global forum (OnFriday) where we share updates and strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.