Senior People Partner, Technology
Who is Onfido?
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. Founded in 2012, our vision is to create a more open world where identity is the key to access. In a nutshell, we use groundbreaking machine learning - facial biometrics and document verification - to help you prove that you’re you. In doing so, we can connect you to the services you need and love more easily, speedily and safely than ever before, whether it’s sharing a car or opening a bank account.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard customers remotely and securely across 195 countries. We’ve also received over $60 million in funding from world-class tech investors including Microsoft and Salesforce… and we’re just getting started.
About the role
We’re looking for an outstanding person to own all things ‘people’, for our technology group, globally. In this role you’ll be strategic advisor to the VP People, CTO and the wider tech leadership team (across primarily London and Lisbon). A genuine generalist, you’ll be hands-on and able to drive projects in any people area. And as SME on all things people, you’ll help the tech group take the right decisions, at the right time, in the right way.
Given Onfido is in hyper growth mode, this role will be both challenging and exciting - a balancing act between dealing intelligently and resiliently with constant change, whilst taking advantage of plentiful opportunities to develop and drive groundbreaking initiatives. In doing so you’ll help us smash our goal of achieving 1 billion verifications by 2025.
Who are we looking for?
Firstly, love and be excited by tech! It’s the beating heart of who we are, so even if you’re not researching machine learning algorithms or writing code, the potential of tech should get you sparking.
At Onfido, the link between high performing people and business performance is well established. We want you to continue championing this by partnering the tech client group across OD, talent development, reward, employee relations and engagement etc. Our People Partner will be an open and inclusive leader able to influence and inspire. A natural coach, you’ll have a clear and compelling communication style that helps establish trust and connect with others.
In a business like ours, which is changing fast and pushing boundaries, a growth mindset is a must. Someone with a keen analytical mind will help us ask the right questions and use data smartly. Creating customer buzz is also big deal for us, so we want to know that you’re customer driven, able to give voice to internal stakeholders and champion external clients and end-users alike. And to be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values.
On our wish list is a combination of...
- Strong tech business partnering background
- Leadership coaching and development
- Performance management champion
- High growth, scale-up and / or start-up know-how
- Change and project management background
- Employee relations / employment law whizz
- Organisational design
- Talent development
- Reward guru e.g. pay review processes, commission structure etc.
- People analytics advocate
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to set you up for success:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 4% of base salary)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Payroll Giving
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies +more
- ‘OnFriday’, weekly company wrap up and colleague drinks
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
- This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries
- Once complete and provided we make you an offer, we will ask you to undertake a background check prior to joining Onfido. We consider this necessary in order to protect Onfido, our clients, and the personal data that we process
- We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status