Senior Brand Designer
Group: Growth | Function: Marketing | Team: Brand Design
Design is at the heart of Onfido as we scale. We embed best practice design approaches across multiple functions internally ranging from Product, Marketing and Sales. As the Brand Design Lead, you will lead a team of Brand designers working on the full range of internal and external projects at Onfido.
This is a unique opportunity to shape the evolution of Onfido brand, this means working on positioning the brand in global markets. You will be able to impact across multiple teams, helping them define and execute their strategy. Your contribution as a design specialist will be valued and you will be working with a talented design team that works across Product, Marketing and Branding.
Projects will be extremely varied and multimedia - including crucial projects such as the website, lead generation campaigns, event assets, case study videos, office redesigns and many more.
Your mission will be to continue to push and develop our Brand, whilst making sure the you prioritise the right projects and delivers them on time. You will need to be willing to get your hands dirty and deliver projects from concept to finish.
The role will involve:
- Project management (about 10% of your time)
- Brand design direction (about 20% of your time)
- Hands-on design work (about 70% of your time)
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of 250 technologists spread across 6 countries. We've also received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application with link to your portfolio:
- Experience as a brand designer
- Significant experience with leading design software packages, including:
- Sketch (optional)
- The ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment
- The ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams, seeing projects through from inception to production
- Consistency regardless of project size
- Good project management and organisational skills
- The motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- The willingness to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- Prior startup or agency experience
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- A meaningful equity allocation
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Onsite massages
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- An unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Open and transparent culture—we come together on a weekly basis for a global forum (OnFriday) where we share updates and strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink.
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Samples of the work you’ve done
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.