Director of Product Marketing (New York or London)
As our Head/Director of Product Marketing, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to utilize your experience and ideas to own and improve Global Product Marketing at Onfido.
Our Product Marketers create and tell inspirational stories with cutting-edge demonstrations to people around the world. We develop product messaging and positioning, go to market programs, campaigns, events, and sales enablement. We measure our success by our ability to develop creative and innovative marketing strategies and ability to gain C-level, Director, and key buyers’ mindshare.
You are a creative and quantitative thinker and are familiar with various product marketing techniques. Your goal will be to develop and implement the most profitable plans to position and promote our product.
- Partner closely with Product Management to understand the product strategy and develop customer narratives, compelling content and customer stories.
- Develop innovative marketing strategies to gain C-level and VP mindshare.
- Work with Sales to inspire, motivate and ultimately win flagship brands through the sales cycle and generate the best customer stories in the business.
- Produce high fidelity externally-facing content including thought leadership content, customer stories, webinars, data sheets, solution guides, and more for all funnel stages by partnering with the industry’s leading creative team.
- Create compelling and easy to understand internally facing content including sales training, competitive positioning, FAQs, and cheat sheets.
- Work closely across our cross-functional marketing teams to drive the business & product marketing strategy.
- Execute innovative execute innovative online marketing campaigns, SEO, and web design - track, measure and report against objectives.
- Drive an amazing launch cycle at our events that drives the conversation forward.
- Work directly with major partners and customers, in a global context, to drive market share and awareness.
- Drive the creation of thought leadership content in the market.
- Connect with customers, sales teams, & partners to show them their future.
We generally don’t have hard and fast requirements - everyone is different. We are looking for you to demonstrate whether you have the core attributes. Indicatively what we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Extensive experience (indicatively 6-10+ years) in product marketing at a high tech company, or similar with a proven track record of launching and growing hit software products.
- You can develop a deep understanding of what success means for different customer segments, and create and execute the campaigns to achieve that success.
- You use metrics and analysis to drive informed business decisions.
- Messaging and positioning for competitive differentiation and how to address customer pain points are second nature to you, and you can demonstrate that you have the writing chops to land your message.
- You know how to enable and educate internal audiences about how to position competitively.
- You have a hands-on ability to create a range of marketing assets, including viral on-message product demo videos and succinct slide pitch-decks.
- You can define product positioning and messaging (and test it), narrative, and rolling thunder of launches and PR.
- You can work with the product, marketing, and sales teams creating GTM strategy and tactics.
- You will lead a team - show us that you’ve hired and lead your team to do all of the above and make them better at it over time.
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other.
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador.
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others.
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better.
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- A meaningful equity allocation
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 4% of base salary)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym or sports, therapy, home cleaning or childcare up to £50 per month
- Office massages from Urban
- Nutrition advice
- Free weekly yoga classes
- Regular 5-a-side football matches
- Dedicated learning opportunities including language classes (currently Spanish, French and English), an unlimited budget for software and books, a training budget for conferences and regular lunch and learns
- Quarterly team socials and a budget for cross-team coffees and lunches
- Open and transparent culture—we come together on a weekly basis for a global forum (OnFriday) where we share updates and strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink.
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.