SDK Backend Engineer (Visa Sponsored)
We’re looking for talented software engineers to join our SDK team. They need a strong experience building services, but who also have an interest in leveraging those services in front end apps for a better user experience.
You'll join a group of smart, friendly and ambitious engineers, designers and researchers who take pride in software we ship and hold ourselves to high standards in an industry where privacy, security and reliability are crucial.
Some of the technical challenges of building our SDKs includes:
- Building fast image quality validations (e.g. glare, blur, etc), which can be deployed in many platforms, from mobiles to services
- Connecting devices in real time to allow for smooth switching between them
- Allowing for high volume analytics, yet keeping private information out of the hands of vendors
- Allowing A/B testing on code which is built by us, but deployed by others
You can try our Web SDK here! Open source code here.
The tech organization is big and rapidly changing. We have many other projects that make the identity verification flow possible. The challenges in those include:
- Seconds Fast OCR extraction on a vast set of different identity documents
- Fast Font fraud detection
- Face matching
- Lip reading and word recognition
- Automatic Spoof detection
- Hybrid human<->machine work distribution
At Onfido, we deeply value trust and ownership. Our engineers, product managers and designers work together closely to solve a challenging problem - identity in an online world - and build products that are polished and impactful.
Onfido’s vision is an open world where identity is the key to access. We verify the world’s identities using AI and biometrics. Our technology helps global businesses—like Revolut, Indiegogo and Allstate—onboard more users while driving down risk and fraud. And we’re also finding the answers for the future of identity, leading innovation initiatives with the Better Identity Coalition and the Fintech Delivery Panel. Our key investors include Microsoft and Salesforce.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code
- React and Redux for frontend work
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Are comfortable working in different parts of the stack
- Can take responsibility on delivering complex projects, from design to deployment to operation
- Uphold and promote best practices in design, code quality and security
- Can think through product requirements and come up with high-impact ways to quickly solve those problems
- Like to iterate quickly and know when to use data and metrics to guide product development
- Are constantly curious about new technology and new approaches
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Tax-Free Childcare Scheme
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- An unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture
Live date: 25 October 2018
Close date: 25 November 2018
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.