Onfido uses machine learning to help over 1,500 companies verify the identity of their users online.
Founded in 2012, we've received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft. As a team of 180 with offices in 5 countries, we work with global customers including BBVA, Square and LendingKart.
Our technology verifies the authenticity of a user’s identity document and compares it with their facial biometrics. As a global innovator in the Computer Vision space, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time, enabling our clients to rapidly onboard more users while protecting themselves against fraudulent activity. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive trust, inclusion and safety online.
At Onfido we use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and like to pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code
- React and Redux for frontend work
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog.
We’re looking for talented software engineers to join our team and help us continue to build the future of online trust. You'll join a group of smart, friendly and ambitious engineers and researchers who take pride in software we ship and hold ourselves to high standards in an industry where privacy, security and reliability are essential.
Some of the projects we’re working on
- Developing and industrializing machine learning and computer vision techniques to rapidly identify physical and digital forgeries
- Building developer-friendly, multi-platform APIs and SDKs to easily integrate ID verification into customer products
- Building tools to combine machine intelligence with expert human insight at high scale
- Using pattern recognition and 3D imaging (among others) to prevent identity spoofing
- Rich web dashboards to help customers understand their user base and fraud exposure
We deeply value trust and ownership. Our engineers, product managers and designers work together closely to solve a challenging problem - identity in an online world - and build products that are polished and impactful.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- You're comfortable working in different parts of the stack
- You are keen to take responsibility on delivering complex projects, from design to deployment to operation
- You uphold and promote good practice in design, code quality and security
- You can think through product requirements and come up with high-impact ways to quickly solve those problems
- You like to iterate quickly and know when to use data and metrics to guide product development
- You're constantly curious about new technology and new approaches
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Childcare vouchers
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture - we meet for a Friday afternoon forum (OnFriday) to engage peers informally over drinks.
- If you’re relocating from another country to join then we’ll get you an Airbnb for the first month.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.