We’re looking for a writer to help us tell technology stories in new ways. Identity is one of the most exciting innovation spaces today, and we want to create genuinely ground-breaking content to match: rivaling the insight, storytelling and integrity of any news outlet.
You’ll join a burgeoning team, building our Content Hub into a formidable in-house content studio. In your role, you’ll collaborate with strategy and design talent to tell stories across a wide range of assets, bringing editorial integrity to everything you create.
From white papers about digital policy to video campaigns launching new product releases, you’ll pitch story ideas and find the right angle for your medium. You’ll become an expert in digital identity, covering themes across AI and machine learning, privacy, user experience, online crime, policy and regulation.
You’ll be passionate about excellent writing. We want you to be our in-house champion of words, leading the way on tone of voice and helping the entire business become better writers.
- WRITING CONTENT (about 60% of your time)
- Articles, webinars, ebooks, case studies, videos, campaigns and more.
- Find innovative ways to use new media to tell stories.
- EDITING: (about 20% of your time)
- Review copy, and advise teams across the business on tone and style.
- BRAND: (about 10% of your time)
- Craft key brand communications, messaging and guidelines
- CHAMPION WRITING: (about 10% of your time)
- Create and run special projects that share your passion for words, and help everyone at Onfido feel more confident when they’re writing.
At Onfido, we’re opening up online access on a global scale. Whether it’s sharing a car or opening a bank account, many of our everyday services are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally – without people ever meeting face-to-face. Our mission is to help more people access those services by building trust between businesses and their users - a more open world, where identity is the key to access.
Today, we work with global customers like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp to help them verify users, investors, drivers and guests across 195 countries and we're backed by Salesforce and Microsoft.
We’ve pioneered AI-based deep learning technology to verify whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics to reduce fraud and increase completion and speed...and we’re just getting started! Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive trust, inclusion and safety online.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Several years’ experience as a writer. Ideally, you have a background in copywriting or journalism, or perhaps branded content.
- A clear focus on technology. You’ll be knowledgeable and excited about this area, keeping up to date with trends and major innovations.
- A portfolio of writing that shows your ability to find a story and craft compelling editorial copy.
- Infectious passion for words and writing; you love language and you love encouraging others to do the same.
- Imagination, curiosity and insight.
- You can adapt your writing to house style, and flex for different audiences.
- Experience working closely with design to tell a story through words and images.
- Warm, confident presentation skills.
Values and behaviours:
- Create Customer Buzz - You have the customer, and potential customer, at heart by understanding their needs. You’ll go beyond what they say they want and need by understanding where the market may be headed so that we’ll know what they need before they do.
- Succeed Together - You communicate persuasively at all organisational levels and are able to establish consensus and secure agreement. You’re a caring and supportive colleague that contributes meaningfully to team objectives and, via your interactions, helps each member and the team as a whole to perform at their best
- Take Pride - You take on responsibility for short-term project planning and delivery of outstanding results. You willingly volunteer for opportunities to represent Onfido, e.g. by attending peer networking events or by assisting with company-wide events or initiatives that are not core to own role
- Learn Things, Share Them - You promote teamwork through collaborative working and by guiding, coaching and working 1:1 to mentor and give impactful feedback to colleagues. You actively pursue your own professional development by reading articles, attending conferences and meetups and networking informally with senior personnel on matters relating to your own specialism
- Find a Better Way - You proactively troubleshoot and identify risks. You tackle problems of a relatively diverse nature and select appropriate tools to analyse situations and reach useful conclusions.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Tax-Free Childcare Scheme
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Onsite massages
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- An unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- An open and transparent culture
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
Once complete and provided we make you an offer, we will ask you to undertake a background check prior to joining Onfido. We consider this necessary in order to protect Onfido, our clients, and the personal data that we process.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.