Senior People Partner, Growth
Who is Onfido?
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. Founded in 2012, our vision is to create a more open world where identity is the key to access. In a nutshell, we use groundbreaking machine learning - facial biometrics and document verification - to help you prove that you’re you. In doing so, we can connect you to the services you need and love more easily, speedily and safely than ever before, whether it’s sharing a car or opening a bank account.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard customers remotely and securely across 195 countries. We’ve also received over $100 million in funding from world-class tech investors including Microsoft and Salesforce… and we’re just getting started.
About the role
We’re looking for an outstanding person to own all things ‘people’, for our Growth group, partnering with sales, marketing, partnerships and business ops. In this role you’ll be strategic advisor to the VP People, Chief Revenue Officer and the wider Growth leadership team, as we expand across the US, Europe and Asia). A genuine generalist, you’ll be hands-on and able to drive projects in any people area. And as SME on all things people, you’ll help the Growth group take the right decisions, at the right time, in the right way.
Given Onfido is in hyper growth mode, this role will be both challenging and exciting - a balancing act between dealing intelligently and resiliently with constant change, whilst taking advantage of abundant opportunities to develop and drive groundbreaking initiatives. In doing so you’ll help us smash our goal of achieving 1 billion verifications by 2025.
Who are we looking for?
At Onfido, the link between high performing people and business performance is well established. We want you to continue championing this by partnering with our Growth client group across People/HR specialisms including organisational design, talent development, reward, employee relations and engagement. Our People Partner will be an open and inclusive leader able to influence and inspire. A natural coach, you’ll have a clear and compelling communication style that helps establish trust and connect with others.
In a business like ours, which is changing fast and pushing boundaries, a growth mindset is a must. Someone with a keen analytical mind will help us ask the right questions and use data smartly. Creating customer buzz is also a big deal for us, so we want you to be customer driven - able to give voice to internal stakeholders whilst championing external clients and end-users alike. And to be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values:
And it helps if you love and/or are excited by tech! It’s the beating heart of who we are, so even if you’re in a non-tech role and have never written a line of code, tech's potential should still get you sparking.
On our wish-list is a combination of...
- Strong business partnering background, ideally with commercial teams (sales / marketing / partnerships)
- Leadership coaching and development
- A performance management champion
- High growth, scale-up and / or start-up know-how
- A change and project management background
- Employee relations / employment law whizz
- Organisational design and talent development
- Reward, including pay review processes, commission structures etc.
- People analytics advocate
We’re committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- A meaningful equity allocation
- 401(k) - you can contribute what you like (up to the federal limit of $18.5k per year) and Onfido matches your contribution, up to 4% of your total salary
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) of 23 days per year, plus 10 Federal Holidays - Onfido believes passionately in work/ life balance!
- Rich health, vision and dental benefits offered via our partner TriNet. TriNet gives you the flexibility to choose a plan that suits you and Onfido now covers 100% of the cost of our elected base plans for you and 50% for your dependents
- Monthly opportunities for private, individual mental health coaching sessions
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year to volunteer
- In-office snacks, sparkling water, juice, and fruits, etc
- Subsidised gym or sports, therapy, home cleaning or childcare up to $75 per month and company sponsored sports (such as yoga and soccer)
- An unlimited budget for software and books, a training budget for conferences and regular lunch & learns
- Quarterly team socials and a budget for cross-team coffees and lunches
- Open and transparent culture—we come together on a weekly basis for a global forum (OnFriday) where we share updates and strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink
- Monthly commute reimbursement up to $127 to help get you to and from the office
Apply! Followed by simple profile matching from us to assess your application against the role. We'll then begin a two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other. A do-at-home, problem-solving task or scenario will typically follow, before closing out with an on-site interview process comprising technical and cultural conversations with the team. The process from application to completion should take two to four weeks, depending on diaries.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.