Technical Project Manager- Enterprise Client Integrations
You’ll be joining the team improving our software delivery efficiency across the full product platform.
As a Technical Project Manager to work with our enterprise clients looking at the implementation Onfido’s products and services within their systems and operations. You will be responsible for reviewing external client's product operational demands, developing project plans and ensuring that operation projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet with client expectations.
You will work tightly with our Client Services, Product, Engineering, Service and research teams ensuring delivery of features and programs which coordinate the delivery of multiples features. Using the data, you’ll influence the team to prevent issues before they directly affect code that covers multiple product components, which can cause poor quality features, bugs and delays in the roadmap - and that is a huge impact!
We are looking for an experienced customer service professional with a track record in the enterprise software-as-a-service (SaaS) space. This is a hands-on, high execution role which requires both excellent business and technical skills to define and drive consistent delivery to our large clients.
We have a good-sized multiple-component platform that we think makes this opportunity really attractive.
Your mission will be to:
- Provide specific project management support to key initiatives as needed to ensure their successful implementation.
- Motivate and provide direction and guidance for teams of developers.
- Ensure blockers are quickly identified and resolved.
- Ensure deployment best practices and strategies are maintained such as documentation, exception cases and errors.
- Interface with external stakeholders including our clients, partners, program managers, technical teams, technical partners and executives.
- Work with internal stakeholders including account executives, solutions architects and account managers at the close of sale or immediately after to provide seamless transition from sales to implementation.
- Deal with requests from both internal and external stakeholders and manage these from request to delivery as well as track the impact of these changes.
- Work with our customer facing teams to understand external facing stakeholder’s needs and requirements.
You’ll achieve this by:
- Work with engineering leads and product managers to ensure breakthroughs are achieved on time - help drive sprint planning, daily scrums, and roadmap review meetings.
- Owning, developing and delivering project plans and business requirements to lead our clients to a successful launch within scope and on schedule
- Understand the architecture of proposed solutions by client and identify potential issues and dependencies on project timelines.
- Establish best practices and streamlining within the wider cross-functional teams and for the lifecycle of enterprise client support.
- Identify issues and roadblocks, drive solutions and continuously communicate project updates.
- Ensure processes are designed and managed to optimise agility, velocity, and quality.
- Track and report on the status of product releases to product, engineering leaders and senior leadership team.
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of 250 technologists spread across 6 countries. We've also received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
- Proven successful technical program management outcomes from idea to launching programs in multiple contexts throughout your career
- Experienced customer service professional with a track record in the enterprise software-as-a-service (SaaS) space, FinTech / Banking experience also desirable.
- A background as a software engineer and program/project manager; experience as an engineering manager. You must have been directly involved in software development vs. just project management.
- Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience. Ability to mix technical acumen with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable and useful.
- Comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people. Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences.
Values and behaviours:
- Create Customer Value- You have the customer, and potential customer, at heart by understanding their needs. You’ll go beyond what they say they want and need by understanding where the market may be headed so that we’ll know what they need before they do.
- Succeed Together - You communicate persuasively at all organisational levels and are able to establish consensus and secure agreement. You’re a caring and supportive colleague that contributes meaningfully to team objectives and, via your interactions, helps each member and the team as a whole to perform at their best
- Take Pride - You take on responsibility for short-term project planning and delivery of outstanding results. You willingly volunteer for opportunities to represent Onfido, e.g. by attending peer networking events or by assisting with company-wide events or initiatives that are not core to own role
- Learn Things, Share Them - You promote teamwork through collaborative working and by guiding, coaching and working 1:1 to mentor and give impactful feedback to colleagues. You actively pursue your own professional development by reading articles, attending conferences and meetups and networking informally with senior personnel on matters relating to your own specialism
- Find a Better Way - You proactively troubleshoot and identify risks. You tackle problems of a relatively diverse nature and select appropriate tools to analyse situations and reach useful conclusions.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- A meaningful equity allocation
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 4% of base salary)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym or sports, therapy, home cleaning or childcare up to £50 per month
- Office massages from Urban
- Nutrition advice
- Free weekly yoga classes
- Regular 5-a-side football matches
- Dedicated learning opportunities including language classes (currently Spanish, French and English), an unlimited budget for software and books, a training budget for conferences and regular lunch and learns
- Quarterly team socials and a budget for cross-team coffees and lunches
- Open and transparent culture—we come together on a weekly basis for a global forum (OnFriday) where we share updates and strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink.
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
Once complete and provided we make you an offer, we will ask you to undertake a background check prior to joining Onfido. We consider this necessary in order to protect Onfido, our clients, and the personal data that we process.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.