Internal Communications Coordinator
Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. Founded in 2012, our vision is to create a more open world where identity is the key to access. In a nutshell, we use groundbreaking machine learning - facial biometrics and document verification - to help you prove that you’re you. In doing so we can connect you to the services you need and love more easily, speedily and safely than ever before, whether it’s sharing a car or opening a bank account.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard customers remotely and securely across 195 countries. We’ve also received over $100 million in funding from world-class tech investors including Microsoft and Salesforce… and we’re just getting started.
About the role
As an internal communications coordinator at Onfido you’ll be a major part of delivering our success. You can expect to:
- Get stuck in supporting the implementation of the Onfido internal communications strategy.
- Be right at the heart of all organisational initiatives and projects - successfully communicating them to Onfidoers.
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications channels, such as our new intranet ‘fido’, weekly newsletter ‘Newsfido’ and weekly all hands ‘OnFriday’.
- Plan and deliver company wide events, bringing your creative ideas to life!
- Think about the design and layout of content in online tools and slides. Storyboarding and translating creative ideas for communications to our in house design team.
- Keep internal customers up to date on the progress of communications activity, quick to answer their questions and research more if needed.
- Be excited by using Slack daily to communicate with other Onfidoers.
- Have your finger on the pulse of internal communications messages, making sure they’re consistent across all channels and for different parts of the organisation.
- Work with our marketing and PR teams to ensure all internal communication messages are consistent with external communication.
- Actively seek feedback from Onfidoers in order to improve communications constantly.
- Work with senior executives throughout the organisation to support them with communications activity.
- Work closely with our internal videographer to product videos that highlight content internally.
Who are we looking for?
In a business like ours that is changing fast and pushing boundaries, a growth mindset is a must. Someone with a curious and analytical mind will help us ask the right questions and use data smartly. Creating customer buzz is also a big deal for us, so we want to know that you’re customer driven, able to give voice to internal stakeholders and champion external clients and end-users alike. And to be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values:
- Succeed Together
- Take Pride
- Learn Things, Share Them
- Find A Better Way
- Creating Customer Buzz
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
On our wish list is a combination of...
- Writing skills: You’ll need excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees.
- Organisational skills: You’ll need to be at ease planning multiple activities simultaneously across a variety of different channels.
- Speaking skills: You’ll also need to either already have strong speaking skills or a desire to develop them as you are likely to be called on to give presentations internally. Internal communications coordinators need sensitivity to an organisation’s goals and values and the ability to relay them to employees.
- Interpersonal skills: You’ll need good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work across the organisation at different levels. You also need to have the confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication approaches to them.
- Creative skills: You’ll need the creative ability to come up with and execute ideas for communications objectives.
- Digital skills: Familiarity with Google Suite would be fantastic. Using digital channels and video as a means of communication is essential.
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to set you up for success:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 4% of base salary)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Payroll Giving
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies +more
- ‘OnFriday’, weekly company wrap up and colleague drinks
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
Apply! We’ll then assess your application against the role and other applicants. If successful we’ll then begin a two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other. Typically, a do-at-home problem solving task or scenario will follow, before closing out with onsite technical and behavioural conversations with the team.
The process from application to completion should take two to four weeks, depending on diaries.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.