Senior Product Manager
Group: Technology | Team: Product | Product Line: Portable Identity
Location: London, New York or San Francisco
You’ll be part of an experienced and proven Product team with strong leadership and mission owning the full roadmap and delivery of a new emerging product line. The team will operate across London and Lisbon, and is supported by Engineering, Product Design, Product Marketing and Business Development. This role is to oversee the Portable Identity project (PID).
Onfido is developing a new solution to enable broader usage of digital identities through increased convenience, privacy and value. As part of the broader global identity ecosystem, Onfido is augmenting its market-leading identity verification services to provide strong, interoperable credentials that can be used for accessing many online services and applications.
The role will involve:
- Leading the overall strategic direction of the Portable Identity product - working with the CEO and the CPO to fill out the vision, plans, roadmap, and go-to-market plan
- Managing the development of the product - as a traditional product manager, work with senior engineering leaders to build the software according to the priorities and the roadmap, optimised for great user experience and value
- Working with external partners - help identify, negotiate with, and onboard partners to integrate with PID
- Representing PID initiative externally - inform thought leaders, collaborate with government and NGO bodies, speak at conference, etc. about PID and Onfido’s efforts
- This is a global role and team and as such the role location is flexible based on superior qualifications and domain experience.
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of 250 technologists spread across 6 countries. We've also received over $100m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Extensive experience in the digital identity, authentication or access management space, backed up by direct tenure at companies focused on that space. This experience is necessary to help assess the evolving future of the digital identity and to lead the product and partner strategy.
- Solid Product Management experience, with 5+ years experience of defining an early-stage product, deploying it, and managing it operationally. An entrepreneurial approach is required for this product initiative and as such the ideal candidate can explain direct responsibilities in a previous similar effort.
- Ability to communicate with and coordinate senior stakeholders, inside and outside the company
- Action-oriented and able to motivate teams and colleagues towards achieving goals
- Passion for the topic, and willingness to advocate and champion it through thick and thin
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- A meaningful equity allocation
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 4% of base salary)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym or sports, therapy, home cleaning or childcare up to £50 per month
- Office massages from Urban
- Nutrition advice
- Free weekly yoga classes
- Regular 5-a-side football matches
- Dedicated learning opportunities including language classes (currently Spanish, French and English), an unlimited budget for software and books, a training budget for conferences and regular lunch and learns
- Quarterly team socials and a budget for cross-team coffees and lunches
- Open and transparent culture—we come together on a weekly basis for a global forum (OnFriday) where we share updates and strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink.
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do-at-home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
Once complete and provided we make you an offer, we will ask you to undertake a background check prior to joining Onfido. We consider this necessary in order to protect Onfido, our clients, and the personal data that we process.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.