We’re looking for talented engineers to join our team and help us continue to build the future of online trust. At Onfido, we deeply value trust and ownership. Our smart, friendly and ambitious engineers, researchers, product managers and designers work together closely to solve a challenging problem - identity in an online world - and build products that are polished and impactful.
We take pride in software we ship and hold ourselves to high standards in an industry where privacy, security and reliability are crucial.
Some of the projects we’re working on:
- Developing and industrializing machine learning and computer vision techniques to rapidly identify physical and digital forgeries
- Building developer-friendly, multi-platform APIs and SDKs to easily integrate ID verification into customer products
- Building tools to combine AI-driven verification with expert human insight at high scale
- Using pattern recognition and 3D imaging (among others!) to prevent identity spoofing
- Rich web dashboards to help customers understand their user base and fraud exposure
Our technology stack:
We’ve pretty flexible about technology and like to pick the right tool for the job:
- We build services in Ruby, Elixir and Python
- We do our ML/CV work with Python and Tensorflow (and a little bit of C!)
- Our services run on Kubernetes and AWS
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our blog.
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of 250 technologists spread across 6 countries. We've also received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code
- React and Redux for frontend work
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Tech blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Are comfortable working in different parts of the stack
- Can take responsibility on delivering complex projects, from design to deployment to operation
- Uphold and promote best practices in design, code quality and security
- Can think through product requirements and come up with high-impact ways to quickly solve those problems
- Like to iterate quickly and know when to use data and metrics to guide product development
- Are constantly curious about new technology and new approaches
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other.
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador.
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others.
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better.
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 22 days holiday
- Health Cash Plan subsiding medical expenses (e.g. dental, optical, doctors plus many others)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to €65 per month)
- An unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Snacks, juices and fresh fruit every day
- Monthly company dinners
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture
- If you’re relocating from another country to join then we’ll get you an Airbnb for the first month.
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.