We’re looking for talented engineers to join our team and help us continue to build the future of online trust. At Onfido, we deeply value trust and ownership. Our smart, friendly and ambitious engineers, researchers, product managers and designers work together closely to solve a challenging problem - identity in an online world - and build products that are polished and impactful.
We take pride in software we ship and hold ourselves to high standards in an industry where privacy, security and reliability are crucial.
Some of the projects we’re working on:
- Developing and industrializing machine learning and computer vision techniques to rapidly identify physical and digital forgeries
- Building developer-friendly, multi-platform APIs and SDKs to easily integrate ID verification into customer products
- Building tools to combine AI-driven verification with expert human insight at high scale
- Using pattern recognition and 3D imaging (among others!) to prevent identity spoofing
- Rich web dashboards to help customers understand their user base and fraud exposure
Our technology stack:
We’ve pretty flexible about technology and like to pick the right tool for the job:
- We build services in Ruby, Elixir and Python
- We do our ML/CV work with Python and Tensorflow (and a little bit of C!)
- Our services run on Kubernetes and AWS
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our blog.
Onfido’s purpose is to make it easier for people to prove their legal identities online. We verify your government ID and compare it against your facial biometrics, so you can easily access the services you want and need.
Onfido was founded in 2012. Our first aim was to make Onfido the best place to work – a place where our team looks forward to coming every day. Our second was to use technology to make a difference on a global scale.
Traditionally, to make a trusted transaction with someone, you’d need to meet them face-to-face. But with the advent of the internet, we can now transact online with anyone, anywhere in the world. Face-to-face transactions aren’t scalable, but the anonymity of the digital age isn’t secure. Onfido exists to solve that tension.
We're now moving to a new age in which your legal identity is the new currency. It's the key to unlocking access to all the services that you want and need- from banking and car sharing right through to healthcare and voting. And Onfido sits at the heart of that. By using machine learning, we don't need to compromise on scale or security - we can verify the world's identities whilst providing the security of a local village.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Are comfortable working in different parts of the stack
- Can take responsibility on delivering complex projects, from design to deployment to operation
- Uphold and promote best practices in design, code quality and security
- Can think through product requirements and come up with high-impact ways to quickly solve those problems
- Like to iterate quickly and know when to use data and metrics to guide product development
- Are constantly curious about new technology and new approaches
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other.
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador.
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others.
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better.
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 22 days holiday
- Health Cash Plan subsiding medical expenses (e.g. dental, optical, doctors plus many others)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to €65 per month)
- An unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Snacks, juices and fresh fruit every day
- Monthly company dinners
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture
- If you’re relocating from another country to join then we’ll get you an Airbnb for the first month.
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.