Android Engineer/Visa Sponsored
We’re looking for an experienced Android Engineer for our London or Lisbon office to help us evolve our and improve our Android SDK. This input capture library is a lean but powerful tool to help businesses in getting their customers’ data into our system, and is currently used by market leading and renowned companies like Revolut, Couchsurfing, Babylon Health and many others. You’ll join a talented and friendly team which loves to delight its customers with quality and robust code, cares about the end-user experience and works in an agile way to regularly ship code to production.
What you will be working on:
- Contribute to important new features of our identity verification SDK, while participating in the rethinking and redesigning of the current ones.
- Work closely with product designers and engineers to deliver great experiences to our customers
- Work with product managers to prototype and iterate on solutions to interesting challenges
- Be involved in the release process of our SDK, contributing to our aim at a more automated and less painful release process
For a further look at what we have been working on, take a look at our mobile blog!
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of 250 technologists spread across 6 countries. We've also received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code
- React and Redux for frontend work
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Tech blog.
We’re loooking for someone with:
- Great understanding of object-oriented programming and API design
- Good knowledge of the Android SDK
- Experience with architectures commonly used in mobile (MVP/MVVM/MVI)
- Experience working on projects supporting multiple devices
- Great communication skills
- Experience with Dagger, Kotlin (95% of our code) and RxJava2
- Experience developing Android libraries
- Experience with the Camera API
- Good testing skills with Espresso and Mockito
- Knowledge of CI/CD
- You stay up-to-date with the latest Android features and development/design patterns
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Childcare vouchers
- Payroll Giving
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture
- If you’re relocating from another country to join then we’ll get you an Airbnb for the first month.
Live date: 21 February 2019
Close date: 21 March 2019
Salary: Highly Competitive
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.