We’re looking for an Architect to join our team and help design, and scale our world class platform for verifying people globally. We have a set of unique engineering challenges with the sensitive nature of the data that we process.
As an architect you’ll be interacting many parts of the technology and wider organisation.
The role will involve the following:
- Scale - help deliver solutions that will scale with high volumes, be highly available and resilient. We work with a micro-service based architecture which comes with many benefits as well as challenges in design and maintenance.
- Responsibility - with architectural design comes a responsibility to help make core and pragmatic decisions that will have wide ranging impact on a system for a significant amount of time. Architectural decisions have high impact and we are looking for someone to help make these important decisions.
- Advisory and Leadership - be the technical expert that the team can refer to when needing relationships with project stakeholders, including key business users and external suppliers. To liaise closely with business users and solution architects to ensure a close fit exists between business needs and technical solutions throughout the software development lifecycle. To communicate concepts and technically lead our experienced remote development team.
or validating a solution. As a fast moving team there are many things being built that may need expert opinion and could also be helped by a high level overview of the entire system.
- Technology Standards - help to set some of the engineering standard and best practices to be followed by engineers. Our team is growing as is the codebase - we want to set the best standards as early as possible - helping our developer productivity and making code easy to read and understand.
- System design - help define how data will flow between applications, where it will be stored and how it is used. Onfido collects a lot of sensitive data - protecting, transporting and using that data is a significant challenge. Helping to disseminate information about where to store data, where data lives and how to use it is also a crucial part of the role.
- Stakeholder management - relationships with project stakeholders, including the technology and sales teams. To liaise closely with our customers to ensure a close fit exists between business needs and technical solutions.
Onfido’s vision is an open world where identity is the key to access. We verify the world’s identities using AI and biometrics. Our technology helps global businesses—like Revolut, Indiegogo and Allstate—onboard more users while driving down risk and fraud. And we’re also finding the answers for the future of identity, leading innovation initiatives with the Better Identity Coalition and the Fintech Delivery Panel. Our key investors include Microsoft and Salesforce.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code
- React and Redux for frontend work
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Extensive Experience with microservice architectures and designing complex solutions
- Design of systems that are highly available and consistent
- Strong hands on background as a Software Engineer and as a Software Architect
- Solid background deploying large applications over multiple regions/globally with high availability and consistency in mind
- Experience designing complex data architectures and pipelines
- Familiarity with designing containerized cloud environments, preferably in AWS using docker/Kubernetes
- Experience as a thought leader/standard bearer for engineers
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Childcare vouchers
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture
- If you’re relocating from another country to join then we’ll get you an Airbnb for the first month.
Live date: 25 October 2018
Close date: 25 November 2018
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!