Group: Technology | Team: Product
You'll be a part of our first class Product Team responsible for all internal and external Onfido products and be focused on, and essential to, helping us product manage the internal commercial tools our business uses to operate and excel.
These include our billing systems, made up of third party and in-house software. You will help the Finance and Growth (sales) teams support new billing formats, commercial models, automation tasks, etc. that our business needs for further strategic growth.
Also in your portfolio will be the internal Information Management System (IMS) used for all trial and customer provisioning by the Service and Operations teams, where all customer details, configurations, options and links to other systems are set. This tool is also integrated with many other tools and processes and will require ongoing improvement and business practice maturity.
Finally, you’ll help develop commercial and customer Reporting that our decision makers use to make informed decisions around our customer base.
The role is a full end-to-end product management lifecycle one, covering all aspects of needs identification, requirements analysis, package selection, solution documentation, and project planning for third party packages, software development, and workflow processes. You’ll be working with a small dedicated engineering team, and as part of the larger Product Team. It is important to note that all products in your portfolio will be for internal/backoffice users.
We’re building the new identity standard for the internet.
Whether you want to open a bank account or hire a car, our lives are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally—without ever meeting anyone face-to-face. Increasingly, our identities are becoming the new currency which we use to access online services. But with half the world being unbanked, and identity fraud on the rise, that’s becoming more and more difficult. So our mission is to create an open world, where identity is the key to access.
We use machine learning to assess whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics. As a global leader in computer vision, our AI learns to identity fraud as it evolves over time. Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive inclusion and safety online—without compromising on user privacy.
That’s how we give companies like Revolut, Zipcar and Bitstamp the assurance they need to onboard users remotely and securely across 195 countries… and we’re just getting started!
Founded in 2012, we're a diverse, global team of 250 technologists spread across 6 countries. We've also received over $60m in funding from world-class technology investors including Salesforce and Microsoft.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Strong (indicatively 1 to 3 years) product management experience
- 2 to 5 years work experience
- Previous focus on and desire to work on internal products (billing, middleware, backoffice, 3d party plugin products, etc.).
- Significant experience dealing with internal stakeholders (primarily requirements analysis and communication)
- Good organisational skills, good communication skills, self-drive focused on outcomes, collaborative team spirit
- Experience with billing systems or customer provisioning systems
- Experience evaluating and selecting 3d party software for backoffice operations
- Experience in a B2B digital commercial business
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback.
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador.
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others.
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better.
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You’ll receive:
- A meaningful equity allocation
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Onsite massages
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- An unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Open and transparent culture—we come together on a weekly basis for a global forum (OnFriday) where we share updates and strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drink.
The interview process will involve:
- Reviewing your CV and application to ensure a fit
- A two-way 30 minute conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- A 15 minute call with the hiring manager (VP Product)
- Onsite interview with team (Product, Growth and Engineering)
- A do-at-home Task
- Final interview with the VP Product
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.