Director of Quality Engineering
We’re looking for an experienced leader to help us grow a culture of exceptional quality and highly resilient software across the engineering, research and product teams at Onfido. In this role, you will nurture and develop an expert team to build test infrastructure, develop quality practices, and shaping our long-term vision for quality engineering. You’ll influence and support Onfido’s team of engineers, product managers, researchers and designers in developing fantastic products.
- Define our guiding quality metrics and principles, set goals against them, and work cross-functionally to make these happen
- Grow and develop our quality processes to help us exceed customer expectations
- Lead and coach a team of test engineers to write solid and thorough automated tests and build efficient and developer-friendly test infrastructure
- Pick and introduce test strategies and approaches that are appropriate for Onfido’s machine learning approach and microservice architecture
- Help build the foundations that will undermine Onfido’s next stage of global growth
We deeply value trust and ownership. Our engineers, product managers and designers work together closely to solve a challenging problem - identity in an online world - and build products that are polished and impactful.
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our blog.
Onfido’s vision is an open world where identity is the key to access. We verify the world’s identities using AI and biometrics. Our technology helps global businesses—like Revolut, Indiegogo and Allstate—onboard more users while driving down risk and fraud. And we’re also finding the answers for the future of identity, leading innovation initiatives with the Better Identity Coalition and the Fintech Delivery Panel. Our key investors include Microsoft and Salesforce.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- You have extensive experience in the quality domain and a deep understanding of test tools, software quality and engineering process
- You can craft and execute a compelling quality vision, and use your influence cross-functionally to help teams build better software
- You’re not afraid to dive deeper when needed to help your team fix gnarly challenges (or ship code yourself!)
- You’ve built successful teams and coached engineers
- You iterate quickly, but know when to use data vs instinct
- You’re constantly curious about new technology and approaches
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other.
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador.
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others.
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better.
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about.
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Tax-Free Childcare Scheme
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- Unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- Open and transparent culture
The interview process will involve:
- Simple profile matching from us - assessing your application against the role
- A two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other
- Do at home task where you give a bit of an insight into how you approach problem-solving
- On-site two-way technical and cultural conversations with the team
This process should take around two to three weeks, depending on diaries.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!