Front End Engineer | London
We're looking for talented frontend engineers to join our London-based team and help us continue to build the future of online trust. You'll join a group of smart, friendly and ambitious engineers and researchers who take pride in software we ship and hold ourselves to high standards in an industry where privacy, security and reliability are essential.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast growing scaleup and product driven environment using new technologies and frameworks as we build our ID verification solution.
As a Front End Software Engineer, you will:
- Deliver an awesome end-to-end experience to our clients. You will join our client experience team to work on our client dashboards, trial and demo features, and make it easy for our customers’ engineers to integrate with Onfido.
- Problem solve: Working independently on complex design and development tasks.
- Provide technical leadership: Help define how we do front end and advise other teams on their approach.
- Product Design: Working closely with our Design and Product teams to help design and build intuitive solutions.
- Improving stability: Reviewing architecture to ensure our software is robust and scalable.
Some of the front-end projects we're working on
- Building rich analytic dashboards to help customers understand their user base and fraud exposure
- Designing and developing unique visualisations to explain and present fraud
- React Native demo and trial apps to show off our mobile SDKs
- Building tools to combine machine intelligence with expert human insight at high scale
We deeply value trust and ownership. Our engineers, product managers and designers work together closely to solve a challenging problem - identity in an online world - and build products that are polished and impactful.
At Onfido, we’re opening up online access on a global scale. Whether it’s sharing a car or opening a bank account, many of our everyday services are moving online. That means millions of everyday interactions now happen digitally – without people ever meeting face-to-face. Our mission is to help more people access those services by building trust between businesses and their users - a more open world, where identity is the key to access.
Today, we work with global customers to help them verify users, investors, drivers and guests across 195 countries and we're backed by Salesforce and Microsoft.
We’ve pioneered AI-based deep learning technology to verify whether a user’s government-issued ID is genuine or fraudulent, and then compare it against their facial biometrics to reduce fraud and increase completion and speed...and we’re just getting started! Our goal is to apply cutting-edge research to build powerful, simple products that drive trust, inclusion and safety online.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do on our Onfido blog.
We use a lot of exciting technology. Our engineers are flexible about technology and pick the right tool for the job:
- Python, Ruby and Elixir for our service code
- React and Redux for frontend work
- Tensorflow for Machine Learning / Computer Vision
- Kubernetes and Docker to package and run services
- AWS for underlying infrastructure
You can learn more about our product engineering team and the work we do on our Onfido Tech blog.
What we're hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application:
- Significant experience as a Front End Engineer
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Experience using Git and collaborative workflows including code reviews.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest and Jasmine
- You are keen to take responsibility for delivering complex projects, from design to deployment to operation
- You'll uphold and promote good practice in design, code quality and security
- You are passionate about designing, creating rich user experiences and usability
- Working knowledge of at least one other language (e.g. Ruby, PHP, Python),
- React Native
- Microservices architectures
Values and behaviours:
- Succeed Together - Share skills, ideas and honest feedback. Be excellent to each other
- Take Pride - Deliver world-class quality and be an ambassador
- Learn Things, Share Them - Seek out knowledge. Then, take what you learn and teach it to others
- Find a Better Way - Fix what's broken and make what works even better
- Create Customer Buzz - Craft an experience that customers rave about
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
We're committed to making Onfido a fantastic place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed. You will receive:
- Share options
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Pension with The People’s Pension (employer contribution 3% of base salary)
- Personalised Financial Advice with St. James’ Place Wealth Management
- Bupa Health Cash Plan (Level 2)
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working
- Tax-Free Childcare Scheme
- Payroll Giving
- Volunteer days - 2 days paid time off per year, in addition to holiday allowance, to volunteer
- Subsidised gym membership or home cleaning (50% up to £50 per month)
- Onsite massages
- Free yoga classes, 5-a-side football bookings
- An unlimited budget for any software or books you need
- Free languages classes (currently Spanish, French and English)
- A fully stocked kitchen with unlimited breakfast, drinks, snacks and fresh fruit every day
- Clubs: Coding, Running, Theatre, Games, Poker, Movies and many more!
- Quarterly socials (e.g. cookery classes, go-karting and private cinema trips)
- An open and transparent culture
Live date: 27 February 2019
Close date: 27 March 2019
Salary: Highly Competitive
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Onfido. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.